In 1884, a Crown Subdivision set aside some 73ha as a recreation reserve between East Coast Road and Beach Road. In 1914, the Pupuke Golf Club was incorporated. At the time of the NZ Centennial celebrations in 1940, the park was renamed as Centennial Park and extensively planted. The pohutukawa avenue behind the clubhouse was planted about 1946. The Tennis Club was incorporated in 1948 and the new clubhouse built in 1990.
Who are we?
We are a bunch of like minded people who enjoy tennis, socialising, and maintaining a great facility. Over 60 years our founding members wanted to build a tennis court so they would have something to do! They chose one of the best locations on the shore and we now work hard for it to be the center of community events in Campbells Bay. We are affiliated with Tennis Northern Regional body who organises interclub competitions on our behalf
What form does our club take?
We are an incorporated society
(registration number 221556)
and are managed by a management committee elected at the
Annual General Meeting normally held in the last week of May.
The Management Committee consist of various office holders and general
committee members. We have a constitution and other documents which can be found on the incorporated societies website Government website (search for THE CAMPBELLS BAY TENNIS CLUB). you can also download a copy of the constitution here.
The details of the committee can be found on the contact page.
Like us on Facebook
For general enquiries please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact any member of the Management Committee or come down to the club at 184 Beach Road, Campbells Bay, North Shore, Auckland. We are located in the middle of Centennial Park Campbells Bay
The best way to contact the club is via email.
Post to The Secretary, PO Box 31 529 Milford 0741